With modern technology and growing customer requirements, access control systems come in many different forms, depending on location, number of users and general purpose. Brookfield Data Comms will design a specific system for your needs. We will design, supply, install, project manage and maintain all manner of Access Control systems from a single door.
Access Control systems are used in a variety of different situations from commercial to private lettings to schools and colleges. The variety of systems is also large, with types of systems consisting of standard keypad, audio and video entry phone systems to fully online proximity reader type systems.
The systems are programmed at each PC, if tokens need to be barred or codes changed, this action must be completed at every door. Standalone systems are great for a smaller number of users, token management is simple, and the system can be extended easily as your requirements change.
Facts about Access Control
- Access control systems were first developed in the 1960s as a means of dealing with the issue of lost keys. Early systems used simple key pads.
- An access control, or door entry system simply means a system that allows you to control who has entry to a premises.
- Access can be controlled via a key pad, fob, card, intercom or even bio-metric data such as fingerprints or retina scans.
- Access control systems can record data such as who has entered and left and at what times.
- Access control is common for large businesses, schools, banks and childcare facilities but can be used for domestic properties such as blocks of flats or the homes of elderly or disabled people who are unable to come to the door easily.